StacyHgg

Preservation
Rachael Wade
Deliver
Pam Godwin

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) - Jamie McGuire Beautiful Disaster by Jaime Mcguire
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Review Date: April 9, 2013
Overall Rating: 5 stars
Steam Rating: 3.5 stars

Powerful, Intense, Dark, Passionate, Volatile—BD is a wild ride

I have to be up front and I tell you that I am slightly biased when it comes to this book. I first read Beautiful Disaster (BD) in September of last year and I fell in love with it. So much so that I put it at #1 on my all-time favorite books list, and I have read a lot of books. So I started the reread already in love with the characters. I am readying myself to read Walking Disaster the follow up book in Travis’s POV.

Did I love it just as much? Absolutely! I loved reliving the extremely passionate but volatile romance between Abby and Travis. BD is a very intense book that brings out powerful emotions. One minute I’m giddy, the next I’m frustrated and full of anguish. Do not think BD is a fairy tale romance. It is real, visceral, and chaotic. It’s full of sex, violence, gambling, and underage drinking; with a very toxic relationship at its core. If this offends you DO NOT READ THIS BOOK. Its name is Beautiful Disaster for a reason. I say this because I have seen many negative reviews based on being offended by the content in some way, the book is not trying to send a message, it’s for entertainment purposes—and for adults only—so you have been warned.

Abby “Pidge” Abernathy is an 18 year old college freshmen running from her seedy past. Travis “Mad Dog” Maddox (HOT, HOT, HOT) is the college bad boy, complete with tattoos and a Harley. He also is an extremely good, undefeated fighter in an illegal fighting ring. They meet and fall for each other, hard. Because their feelings are so strong, and they are both insecure and damaged, they are constantly exploding on each other and those around them. It’s ugly when they are fighting, but amazingly beautiful when they are not. It is definitely a wild ride, and that is why I LOVE this book so much.

Quote from Abby:
“…each time I did something to push him away, I was terrified it would work.”

Quote from Travis:
“I didn’t know I was lost until you found me. I didn’t know what alone was until the first night I spent without you in my bed. You’re the one thing I’ve got right. You’re what I’ve been waiting for, Pigeon.

~StacyHgg