StacyHgg

Preservation
Rachael Wade
Deliver
Pam Godwin

Dirty Red (Love Me With Lies, #2)

Dirty Red (Love Me With Lies, #2) - Tarryn Fisher Dirty Red by Tarry Fisher
Cover Rating: 4 Stars
Steam Rating: Mild
Overall Rating: 5 Stars

Review:
“I have done a number of things to keep this man. I have lied and cheated. I have been sexy and meek, fierce and vulnerable. I have been everything but myself.”

Dirty Red is from the other women’s POV, Leah. I know you may not want to read this, but it is a pivotal part of the story. And it is a 5 Star read in itself. It cannot be skipped over, or skimmed. It is brilliantly written, just like The Opportunist—A MUST READ!

I do not like Leah, and don’t worry this book won’t change that for you. You will still dislike her. You may understand her a little better, but not enough to change your mind about her. She had a rough childhood, and adulthood for that matter, but there is still no excuse for her behavior. She is very much the viper we thought she was all along.

“I was about a ten on the poison scale. If he needed venom, I could inject it directly into his neck.”

We learn how she met Caleb, how she fell in love with him, and ultimately how she trapped him in her web. The story is ugly, just like her personality. She is deceitful, shallow, and I sometimes wonder if there is a real person in there somewhere. Her claims to love Caleb are false, he is an obsession—one that she will hold onto at any cost.

“My name is Leah, and I will do anything to keep my husband.”

There are answers to many of the unanswered questions from The Opportunist, and some shocking revelations. The ending will literally shock you to your core. This is a re-read for me so I knew what was going to happen ahead of time, but it did not make the storyline any less thrilling. I am absolutely obsessed with this series, and cannot wait to get my hands on Thief, which has just been released. I will be reading it next, and I cannot tell you how excited I am about this book. I am scared that Tarryn will mess with my head, but I trust her to give me what I need out of this story, not what I want.

“What kind of woman am I if I knowingly married a man that didn’t love me?”

I highly recommend this book/series! Tarryn is an incredibly talented writer, who will take you on a journey you will never forget. These books are unique, and utterly brilliant. Do not let them sit on your TBR, you will kick yourself for that later ;-)
~StacyHgg