StacyHgg

Preservation
Rachael Wade
Deliver
Pam Godwin

Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1)

Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1) - Abbi Glines Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
Cover Rating: 4 Stars
Steam Rating: Scorcher
Overall Rating: 4 Stars

Review & Breakdown:

Fallen Too Far has been on my TBR list for a long time now and I’m glad I finally got around to it. I really liked some of her YA novels—but could she write NA? I think NA must be extremely hard to write for because you have to write characters that are a bit naïve, finding their way in the world for the first time and making mistakes—and doing this without making the characters frustrating must be a feat. Angst without annoyance is key.

I have read many reviews for this book and most of them are glowing. I wish I could say that this was a 5 star read for me because I LOVED most the storyline but there were just a few things that brought it down a notch.

Storyline/Plot: Like I said I LOVED the storyline but there was one rather large flaw for me. There was a secret that was alluded to often, and it had me on the edge of my seat with curiosity. I just had to know what this big shocker was. And when it came it was a bit anticlimactic for me. I mean it wasn't as huge of a deal as I was expecting, or as it was made out to be by the characters.

Setting: Rosemary Beach, the country club, and Rush’s house—all fantastic!

Hero: Rush—he is complicated, unpredictable, sexy, and smart. He is very promiscuous prior to falling for Blaire. The wealthy son of a very famous rock star. I LOVED Him!!!!

Heroine: Blaire—she is beautiful, strong-willed, naïve, inexperienced, and at times unbelievable. I didn’t really connect with her character. I felt sad for her and her struggles, and I wanted to love her, but… She was so strong-willed at times I felt it was annoying, and just plain stubborn.

Sex: HAWT!!! The chemistry between Rush and Blaire was smokin’ and the sex scenes were intense and graphic.

Ending: Like I said above, I didn’t appreciate the “secret” or the way the heroine handled it, but there was a very emotional ending. It left the story wide open for the next book. There was closure but not the kind I wanted. I can’t wait to read the next book!

So you can see I was a bit conflicted which is why I did a breakdown of the book instead of a regular review. It drew me in and I was utterly captivated from early on—I literally could not put it down. So I highly recommend this book and will be starting Never Too Far NOW!

Favorite Quotes:
“I don’t need designer things. And YOU are designer, Rush.”

“Blaire, I’m not a romantic guy. I don’t kiss and cuddle. It’s all about the sex for me. You deserve someone who kisses and cuddles. Not me. I just fuck, baby. You aren’t meant for someone like me.”

“Do you feel stretched? Can you tell I’ve been inside you?” I nodded, feeling my knees go a little weak from the tone in his voice. “Good. I like knowing you can feel where I’ve been,”

I had fallen too far. I was in love with Rush Finlay.

But it was too late now. The love wasn’t enough. Everyone always said that love was enough. It wasn’t. Not when your soul was shattered.

~StacyHgg