StacyHgg

Pam Godwin

Rule (Marked Men, #1)

Rule (Marked Men, #1) - Jay Crownover Rule by Jay Crownover
Series: Marked Men #1
Stand Alone (No Cliffhanger)
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: New Adult
Release Date: December 30, 2012
Length: Full Length Novel
Format: via Kindle (1st ed.)
Source: Purchased
Review Date: April 20, 2013
Overall Rating: 4.25 stars
Steam Rating: 3.5 stars

A Must Read for fans of New Adult Romance!

Main Characters (MC):
Shaw Landon – nineteen year old pre-med college student, good girl, always trying to please everyone else, virgin, rich & influential parents who neglect and treat her badly, best friend Remy (Rule’s twin) died three years earlier. Has been in love with Rule since she was fourteen.
Rule Archer – twenty-three year old hot bad boy, talented tattoo artist with lots of tattoos and body piercings, uses alcohol and women (lots of them) not to feel, lives in his dead twin Remy’s shadow, constantly feeling less than, also has family issues. He has been oblivious to Shaw’s feelings all these years.

I really liked this story. I may be a bit partial because New Adult romance is my thing, but I think it was different enough to keep me interested. I was drawn into the storyline immediately, and it never let me go. It was emotional, passionate, and intense. I loved both Shaw and Rule immediately, and was rooting for their HEA with ease.

Shaw was so easy to like. She had a lot less of the “I want to throw my Kindle out the window” than I’m used to. She has had a rough time of it growing up, but she did have the support of the Archer family. She no longer has Remy, but she has a new best friend Ayden. Who was a great supporting character. I loved most of the supporting characters; it is obvious we will be reading about them in future books.

Rule was awesome! He was everything I love in a book boyfriend. Hot, moody, Hot, rebellious, Hot, strong, but under it all he has a big heart. Did I mention he was a hottie? So yes, if for nothing else, read it for Rule.

I cannot finish this review without speaking of the editing because there are many issues in this area. If this bothers you, make sure to get the updated version. I had the 1st ed, so it was released prior to the recent fixing of these errors. However, I do not care if an eBook has some editing errors. If the story is good I easily look past them because the storyline, in my opinion, is the most important part. Not the editing. At the end of the eBook Jay explains that she never expected for this book to sell like it did before she had a chance to fix them.

I Highly recommend this book! And I will definitely be reading Ayden and Jet’s story in Marked Men #2 coming this July.

Happy Reading!