StacyHgg

Genre: Mature Young Adult/New Adult Fiction/Contemporary Romance
Release Date: December 20, 2012
Overall Rating: 4 stars
Steam Rating: 3.5 stars

I really enjoyed Someone to Love by Addison Moore. I have not read anything else by this author, but I will after reading this book. The romance was heartfelt, and progressed at just the right pace. By the end of the book I really wanted Cruise and “Kenny” to have their HEA.

Moore starts this book out with a prologue that sets the bar high for the remainder of the story. It gives insight into the mind of the heroine, and was poignant and powerful. Kendell has a low opinion of love and relationships. In fact it seems she doesn't believe the emotion of love is real. Her mother has gone through five divorces, and she has had to see her through all of this heartbreak. And she is determined not to follow her mother’s footsteps.

Cruise Elton is the smokin’ hot Adonis of Garrison University. And, he is a total manwhore. When Kendall meets him at a frat party she is instantly suspicious of him and his motives. She immediately turns him down, but he is undaunted. Their witty banter in the beginning of the book is great.
Kendall tells him this after meeting him at the frat party:
“You’re on a road show with your penis, and trust me, I’m the last person who wants to get in your way. But I’m telling you operation occupy-my-vagina is a no-go for the evening.”

Unforeseen circumstances force Kendall and Cruise to spend a lot of time together early on in the book and their friendship blooms into romance. They have great chemistry, and it appears that true love is in the making. But Kendall doesn't believe in love, and Cruise has been hurt and is not looking for that to happen again. On top of this, there an angry ex looking to start trouble. Which asks the question, Can Cruise and “Kenny” overcome all these obstacles and find their HEA?
My least favorite aspect of the book was the apparent inability for Kendall to communicate with Cruise about anything regarding their relationship. She was always biting her tongue, or scared to speak. However, this is the New Adult genre, and lack of life experience would be apparent at this age.

Would I recommend this book? Yes! To anyone who enjoys the New Adult genre.

~StacyHgg