StacyHgg

Age Group: New Adult
Release Date: October 9th 2012
Print Length: 280 pages
Format: Paperback (5/28/13)
Source: via publisher for honest review
Review Date: July 18th 2013
Cover Rating: 4 Stars
Steam Rating: Scorcher
Overall Rating: 4 Stars

Review:
Lemme just say that Devoured rocked! It was steamy and intense with an interesting plot. It is important to mention that I read the novella All Over You which is the prequel to Devoured prior to reading this. And this is important because I think it gave some additional character development, making me more attached to the characters than I think I would have been without it. So I highly recommend reading the prequel first. (it’s only 99¢ on Amazon and Barnes & Noble)

I’m not quite sure if I would call this book Erotica although it did have some light BDSM and a lot of sexual tension. But I think it was more of a cross between a Contemporary Romance and Erotica. It was angsty, not overly so but just enough, and definitely sexy ;-)

Speaking of sexy—Lucas Wolfe is a flippin HOTTIE!!! He can be a total asshat at times, and he is definitely complicated, domineering, and extremely intense—but I think he has his reasons. I say this because we have to wait until Consumed, the next/final book to find out about him. This book was in Seinna’s POV, so we find out about her backstory, but much of Lucas is still a mystery. But not to worry—this is not a cliffhanger, there is just some things left unanswered.

So what is it about you ask? Sienna meets Lucas on the set of his music video (yes he is a hottie millionaire rockstar) where she is working as a wardrobe assistant. They go on “a date” that doesn’t go so well, but they are extremely attracted to one another. Fast forward two years and you have the beginning of Devoured. Sienna grandma’s house is up for foreclosure and guess who wants to buy it—yep that would be Lucas. Sienna and her family are very attached to this property, so despite her hard feelings for the way Lucas treated her in the past, she agrees to spend 10 days with him in exchange for her grandma’s deed.

The next 10 days are a whirlwind of steam, confusion, and angst. And that’s all I’m going to divulge ;-)

By the end Sienna has matured both sexually and emotionally from Lucas’s influence. And we see a much softer side of Lucas that makes me just *swoon* ;-)

If you’re looking for a fun, sexy read then I recommend you try Devoured—but don’t forget to read All Over You first. I can’t wait for Consumed, which I will be reading when it comes out in September!
~StacyHgg