StacyHgg

Cover Rating: 3.5 Stars
Steam Rating: Mild (YA)
Overall Rating: 5+++ Stars

Review:
The Sea of Tranquility (TsoT) is a book I know I will never forget. It is now in my list of Top All-Time Reads and I know it will not be pushed out of it, ever…

It is stunningly, shockingly, beautiful and amazing. It is powerful, emotional, intense, and very, very, unique. I have never read anything quite like it. One of the things I liked the most about the story was how, despite the serious nature of it, I literally laughed out loud numerous times. The witty banter, and sometimes just funny internal monologues, were a terrific addition to the plot. LOL or crying, TsoT definitely hit every emotion while placing me on an emotional roller coaster ride.
“I feel like grabbing my crotch and checking to see if my balls are still there, because I think they may be in her pocket and I need to get them back” ~Josh

TsoT is the kind of novel that keeps you guessing. You know absolutely nothing about the heroine in the beginning, not even her name. Everything is slowly disclosed throughout the story. It definitely kept me guessing and on my toes, I never knew what was going to happen next.

The one thing that usually bothers me about YA novels is main characters that are teenagers but have the intellectual capacity of forty years olds. This was true for these characters, but it did not bother me as much as it would because normal teenagers do not have to deal with the issues these characters did. Tragedy changes people, and you never know how until afterwards.

This was a story of three girls, or at least three very different versions of the same girl. It is about Nastya's road to healing after an unspeakable tragedy. And the boys who helped her, Drew and Josh. I loved them both, like she did, and you will too.

Josh is a seventeen year old boy who is truly alone. I could never fathom being in his position, and it is tragic to say the least. And he may help Nastya heal, but she is helping him heal as well. There story becomes so beautiful, in spite, and maybe even because of all the tragedy.

I cannot possibly do this story enough credit in a review, it is unbelievably amazing. You just have to read it. Actually, you MUST READ it. Even if YA isn't your thing, this book will be. It’s written, it seems, for adults, and in mature language. Do not let this one sit on your TBR a second longer! I am so glad I read it, and I have no idea why I put it off for so long…
“I love you, Sunshine,” I tell her, before I lose my nerve. “And I don’t give a shit whether you want me to or not.” ~Josh

Unbelievably, this is a debut novel—I cannot fathom it—and I would read anything she writes in the future based on this one book.
At the end of the book was a note from the author which I loved, and really appreciated:
“Life is short and TBR lists are long. I know time is precious, and I thank you for spending yours with this book” ~Katja

You are very welcome Katja. And Thank You for writing such a beautiful book and sharing it with me, and the world. I know it is appreciated. ♥
~StacyHgg