StacyHgg

Preservation
Rachael Wade
Deliver
Pam Godwin

Mine (Real, Raw & Ripped, #2)

Mine (Real, Raw & Ripped, #2) - Katy Evans Mine by Katy Evans
Print Length: 320 pages
Steam Rating: Nuclear
Overall Rating: 5 STARS

Review:

If you have not read REAL beware of spoilers below. And what are you waiting for, read it NOW!!!!

Wow! Katy Evans has done it again! In REAL we are given a taste of what Brooke and Remy are like as a couple—their love is obsessive, all-consuming, raw, and powerful. But it is also genuine, tender, and selfless. In MINE we get to better KNOW them as a couple, how they handle situations, good and bad. It shows us just how perfect they are for each other.

MINE begins at the start of the Underground fighting season. Brooke is again his personal physical therapist, but now they are a couple. They are happy to be together but REMY is still hurting from the way Brooke left him in REAL, he is insecure and it shows. Brooke also has trust issues with REMY because women are always throwing themselves at him. The beginning starts out with them navigating their way through this. So it was a little slow but once I reached the halfway mark it had picked up in a BIG way!

Scorpion is again the conniving monster that he was in REAL but luckily there are not too many scenes with him in it. But that doesn’t mean he isn’t trying his hardest to break REMY in any way he can to secure his title. He baits him constantly, and at times I didn’t know if REMY would be able to keep his calm enough to make it to the title fight. Does he? You’ll have to read and find out ;)

Everything that made REMY unique in REAL was intensified in MINE. All his alpha tendencies: his possessiveness, protectiveness, raw sexuality, his lion ways of licking and petting, his dominant nature—it was all extreme—and I LOVED IT! Even when he was moody he would always say the most perfect things to Brooke. Things that would keep her in check, but keep her loving him and letting her know how much he loved her too.

“Stop playing hard-to-get Brooke. I already got you.”

“You,” he says, his voice terse and commanding as he drags his wet thumb across my lips, “are going to love me until I die. I’m going to make you love me even if it hurts, and when it hurts, I’m going to make it better, Brooke.”

His hi’s and low’s from his Bipolar Disorder where also intensified and we get to see just how bad he struggles with that too. While I understand REMY’s decision to be off medication I don’t necessarily agree with it. He blacks out when he goes “black” and he is extremely reckless and physically strong—I believe he could easily hurt himself and/or others. Yes he has money to have two people watching him at all times ready to shoot tranquilizers in his neck but is that any way to live? (And if you don’t have the money to have around the clock bodyguards than obviously this can’t be an option for those people.)
So while I think so highly of REMY, I also think he could have a lot less unpredictability and stress in his life if he were medicated properly and by a well-trained physician.

“You don’t have to understand me—just love the hell out of me. Can you do that? Can you?”
Oh yes REMY I can;)

But he is so very emotionally strong. What singles REMY out from all the other tortured heroes is that he is not broken. Life has been so unkind to him, so hard on him, he has endured so much, and yet he is not broken. He is literally strong in every way. He has thrived instead.

Remy has thrived without love, even paternal love. He has thrived even when he fights a mood disorder everyday of his life. He has thrived and gotten up every time he has fallen.

Nobody ever taught him how to love. He does it instinctively.

And this, above everything else makes me love him so much my heart is bursting with it. If he can deal with all that than he can deal with anything life throws his way. Inspiring doesn’t even begin to cover how I feel about the strength of his character.

He is Remington Tate. He’s a man who falls and gets up again and again. He pushes, plows, plunders, goes on. He’s. Got. This. I remember who he is. Where his drive comes from, some unnamable source that nobody in this world possesses. He is unconquerable and unbeatable…

And I can’t do this book a proper review if I don’t talk about the sex. I mean IT WAS HOT! I didn’t expect anything less, I would classify it as borderline erotica—but the NA feel is so strong too. I wanted to eat REMY up while I was literally squirming in my seat—he is my #1 book boyfriend and I don’t see anyone knocking him off that pedestal anytime soon.

“Who do you belong to,” he rasps urgently.
“You,” I pant.

Overall, I loved MINE and highly recommend it to all the REAL fans out there. While it didn’t blow my mind like the first one it was still a five star read and a great second book in the series. When I think of just how amazing these characters really are I cannot give this book any less.
Way to go Katy! You ROCKED MY WORLD once again!!!!!

“You’re going to be the end of me Remington Tate, but that’s the way I want to go.”

~StacyHgg