StacyHgg

Preservation
Rachael Wade
Deliver
Pam Godwin

In Flight (Up In The Air, #1)

In Flight (Up In The Air, #1) - R.K. Lilley In Flight by R.K. Lilley
Cover Rating: 4 Stars
Steam Rating: Nuclear
Overall Rating: 4 Stars

Review:

I have wanted to read this series for awhile now, it has been sitting on my Top TBR reads shelf but you know how it is… We have so many books on our TBR that it is literally overwhelming. So, Christina “The Book Bitch” kept telling me that I had to read this series. I made a deal with her—she has to read Real by Katy Evans (I know, can you believe she hasn’t read it?!) and I will read this series.

If I had a list of books to read after Fifty Shades this would be fighting for a top spot! It was all kinky hot sex, with a great storyline. What’s not to like? ;-)

And our hero Mr. James Cavendish is absolutely sinful, I mean smokin hot, so much steam my kindle was melting! He is a young, bright blue-eyed, billionaire, with a smokin hot bod, and a BDSM fetish—yep he’s yummy ;-) And he has demons, so of course I want to save him.

“The thought struck me, not for the first time, how unfair it was for one man to be that devastatingly handsome and also a billionaire still in his twenties.”

Bianca is a troubled young woman. She has suffered unimaginable tragedies during her childhood, and she lives in fear. Her and her best friend Stephan have worked really hard to get what they have as first class flight attendants. She did not have anything handed to her.

She meets James on a chartered flight and it was definitely instant attraction. Intense is a mild word for James—but I can’t think of anything more potent. Intense attraction, intense sex, intense possessiveness, and intense—you get the point.

“Nothing has ever made me feel this wild before. I need to mark you. I need to own you. I need to punish you. I need to open you up and strip every detail out of you.”

If you are having trouble understanding, let me spell it out for you,” he told me harshly. “This is serious, Bianca. I’ve never been more fucking serious in my life.”

Yep—INTENSE…

And yes it had many similarities to Fifty, and sometimes that bothers me in a book. However, both main characters have dealt with things that are much more devastating, and there demons don’t make them as frustrating. The sex scenes are also more raw, and definitely more hard core.

“I know it’s all consensual, but the fact is, I like to hurt women during sex. There’s a reason you fear me. My strongest impulse is to control and to dominate, but make no mistake, I’m a sadist. It doesn’t exactly make me a good guy.”

But overall he is. We get a glimpse into why he is the way he is, and he isn’t a bad guy. He never acts like an ass. Just VERY kinky… There was this one scene where he was sniffing a handkerchief he used to clean Bianca after sex—right in front of her, while staring at her, during a flight!!! I was like “No He Didn’t” He definitely brings the kink on and had me blushing a few times!

Overall, this was a fantastic read, and I highly recommend it to all you Fifty and Crossfire fans out there. It is similar but just different enough to make it interesting. This one ended on a cliffhanger, not a doozy but one nonetheless. I will be reading Mile High next. All three books in this trilogy have been released.
~StacyHgg