StacyHgg

Source: Borrowed
Review Date: April 27, 2013
Overall Rating: 5+ Stars
Steam Rating: 4 stars

I cannot stress this enough –> READ THIS BOOK!

This title was highly recommended by quite a few people; therefore I went in with high expectations. Usually, this is a recipe for disaster. But Leo met and exceeded any expectations I had, by far.

I feel as though I am unable to give this story a proper review because there is so much I must leave out. I do not like spoilers, so there will be none here. What I will say is that Mrs. Sheridan had me hooked from very early on. I was on the edge of my seat, while scratching my head, and pulling my hair out with anticipation at the same time. It was intense, emotional, passionate, mysterious, and tragic. The writing was beautiful, flowing easily. I lived in this one for every single sentence.

The characters were so unique, and wonderfully developed. Evelyn or “Evie” is 14 when she and Leo were separated from each other. They were deeply in love, having loved and cared for one another for years while in the foster care system. Leo was 15 on their last night together – the night they had their first kiss.

"I'm going to kiss you now, Evie, and when I do, it's going to mean that you're mine. I don't care how far away from each other we are. You. Are. Mine. I'll wait for you. And I want you to wait for me. Promise me you won't let anyone else touch you. Promise me you'll save yourself for me." ~Leo

“It was like he took me apart and put me back together with that kiss." ~Eva

Leo promises to write to her as he leaves that night. But he never does.

“It's the last thing he ever says to me. I never see Leo again.” ~Eva

The storyline picks up eight years later when Evelyn finally meets a man she wants to get to know. She was terribly hurt by Leo and many other people in her life, so it is not easy for her to let people in. So it is a big deal when she meets Jake. Jake is an alpha male, rich, reformed bad boy, who is just oozing sexiness. And Evie is not immune to his charms. But he is hiding something. Something big. When she finds out will she be able to trust him again?

"Evie," he says quietly, finally looking at me, "What I mean is, when I f**k you, you're going to be mine. Is that clear enough for you?" ~Jake
*sigh* He is just sooo mad hot!

So I will repeat – READ THIS BOOK! You won’t be sorry ;-)

The second book Leo’s Chance (Sign’s of Love #2) is expected to be released in June 2013. It is Leo’s POV, not a different story (I think) the first chapter was after the Epilogue.

I know this review has been vague, but it had to be – sorry…

Happy Reading!