StacyHgg

Preservation
Rachael Wade
Deliver
Pam Godwin

Taken By Storm (Give & Take, #2)

Taken By Storm (Give & Take, #2) - Kelli Maine Taken by Storm by Kelli Maine
Cover Rating: 3 Stars
Steam Rating: Hot
Overall Rating: 3.5 Stars

Review:

Taken by Storm is a second chance love story between childhood sweethearts MJ and Maddie. It is the second book in the Give & Take series but can be read alone. I did not read book one, and I enjoyed it as a standalone. However, it would most likely add to the storyline if you understood Merrick, MJ’s father and his story from book one better.

Maddie left MJ a year before the beginning of the story without any explanation. MJ was devastated, and his life has been filled with drunkenness and fighting. He feels betrayed by the one and only person he ever fully trusted.

But Maddie had her reasons for leaving MJ, and it wasn’t because she didn’t want to be with him. She loves him, but she was blackmailed into staying away by MJ’s evil grandfather for reasons we do not find out until later in the book.

MJ has no family besides his grandfather, who is a manipulative, greedy, mean old man. His mother is deceased, and his father doesn’t even know he exists. He has spent the majority of his childhood away at boarding schools. But whenever he came home he would spend all his time with Maddie; they essentially grew up together. They were best friends and confidants until he turned 18, then they became more… But only a few months later, she left him and moved away without giving him a reason.

I really liked their story, and they had a lot of chemistry. You could feel the love they had for each other was very strong, and for most of the book we are left guessing as to why they cannot be together. When we finally do find out it is shocking, but not enough of a reason to keep these two apart—in my opinion.

One thing I wasn’t crazy about was the perspective the story was written in. It was told via second person like the narrator was telling you the story. It was a bit strange, I am used to the first person perspective. It would have been a solid 4 star read if delivered a bit differently.
But overall the storyline was very interesting, and I was on the edge of my seat awaiting the big mysteries to be revealed.
~StacyHgg