StacyHgg

Preservation
Rachael Wade
Deliver
Pam Godwin

Fighting for Flight (Fighting, #1)

Fighting for Flight - J.B. Salsbury Fighting For Flight by J.B. Salsbury
Print Length: 414 pages
Steam Rating: Scorcher
Overall Rating: 5 STARS

Review:

Warning: I love protective and jealous alpha males with anger management issues in my books. If you don't this book may not be for you. Just saying ;)

I have been hearing great things about this book for months and it has been on my TOP TBR list (yes I have 2), but I was just able to read it and I can't believe I waited this long!!! I knew by the time I was halfway in that I LOVED IT!!!! So much so that I went on Facebook raving about it until got the eARC for the next book, LOL ;)

Raven our heroine is unique, she has remained loving and sweet in an environment that has treated her unfairly. She isn't mad at the world for being dealt a "bad hand" in the parental department, she may be a bit closed off but that is understandable and expected. She works as an auto mechanic, and one day in walks Jonah. He is taken aback by the fact that she is a female mechanic, but quickly realizes that he can take advantage of the situation to get to know her better.

Jonah, oh Jonah... I absolutely fell in LOVE with him SO HARD! He is gorgeous of course, but he was also sweet, sexy, caring, and totally protective! I wanted to go curl up with him through the pages so he could protect me too ;)
And when it came time for him to prove his love to Raven he did it without question. He put everything he had worked so hard for all his life on the line for her, and I loved him all the more for it!

No one has ever claimed me like he has -- stood his ground, willing to fight, just so he could have me. Our future depends on that fight.

And the sex was smokin hot, just like our hero. I mean wow! Yes it was that good ;)

He moves, slow and beautiful, loving me in a gentle rhythm that brings tears to my eyes. His gaze locks on mine, and the affection pouring between us threatens to overwhelm me.

I could FEEL everything these characters felt. Their lust, their passion, their love -- it was all physically palpable.

Holding her hands I press them to my chest "You feel that? Every beat pounding away? You do that to me."

I did not want to put this one down! Unfortunately I was extremely busy while reading this one so I had to, but every time I picked it back up I was sucked-in again, madly enthralled and on the edge of my seat! I loved how it began (the prologue rocked!) and I loved how it ended with an amazing epilogue ♥

"Fighting gave me breath, but you brought me back to life"

I cannot do this review any justice without mentioning Blake, Jonah's best friend and the hero of the next book Fighting To Forgive. He was HILARIOUS!!!!! I mean I was literally LMAO at his witty one-liners. But he was also an amazing friend to Jonah. I cannot wait to read his story (and will be soon!)

Some Blake Quotes:
"Nice Legs, what time do they open?"
"If I flip a coin, what are the chances I'll get head?"

Yeah Blake is a pig, but a funny one!

~StacyHgg