StacyHgg

Source: Net Galley
Review Date: June 12th 2013
Cover Rating: 5 stars
Overall Rating: 4 Stars
Sensuality Rating: Mild (YA)

Review:
First, I need to point out that this is only part 1 of a series and ends without closure. If you are expecting any sort of closure at the end of this book you will be sorely disappointed. With that being said, I really liked this book. It was all the great things about YA rolled into one storyline. First loves, high school drama, finding your way and yourself for the first time in this confusing world, and of course heartbreak.

Anna Saunders is starting her senior year in high school, without her best friend who recently moved away. She feels alone, scared, and bored. She meets Jack and Lucy Kyser—beautiful, sophisticated, and wealthy twins the day before school begins. They are also complicated. Stemming from their tragic home life. Anna soon falls for Jack despite knowing she shouldn’t. She falls hard, and fast. Jack literally turns her world upside down, and she feels powerless to stop it. But there is too much in the way for Anna and Jack. So he pushes her away, at the same time as he unintentionally draws her farther into his world.

During this tumultuous time, Anna’s friend Julian is her savior. He always seems to be there in her moments of need. But this only further confuses her. She appears to love them both in different ways.

This is one of those love triangles where I became confused right along with her because I loved them both too. I understood why she kept going to Jack despite all the reasons she shouldn’t. She had fallen for him, and your heart and your head do not always agree with one another. And it wasn’t just her head telling her to be with Julian, she loved him with her heart too. It was overwhelming.

And then there was the plot bomb which drops late into the book. It was not unexpected, but it did make it mysterious, and kept me on the edge of my seat. I will definitely be reading the next book to find out what happens.

~StacyHgg