StacyHgg

Cover Rating: 5 Stars
Steam Rating: Hot
Overall Rating: 5 Stars!

Review:
Let me start by saying what this book was not. It is not a standalone, does not resolve much, and is not for people who think in black and white. It is for people who know that we, as people, have faults, and live in the “gray area” most of the time. Love is not something we have control over, it has control over us.

So why did I give it 5 stars? For many reasons. It NEVER let me go from the second I picked it up. I was completely taken over by this story, and the characters—I felt everything viscerally. And although I already knew how it ended (from the first book), it didn't stop me from being on the edge of my seat the entire time.

I thought it would be interesting, with the journal entries, but I didn’t realize that I would find the parents story more interesting than their children’s. So if you liked Dragonfly, you will LOVE Undertow. It is the intense, tragic, and heartbreaking love triangle story of Jack and Juilian’s parents told via their diaries. Anna was given them at the end of Dragonfly.

Another great thing about this book is that it fits into no category. Although Dragonfly was more of a Young Adult book, with the characters in high school; Undertow was all over the place, Young Adult thru New Adult to Mature Adult. It had steam that Dragonfly lacked—and therefore cannot qualify as YA.

Overall, I highly recommend reading Undertow—and this series. It is sort of like a soap opera (although I’m not of fan of them) with so many different story lines, but better. I will definitely continue to read installments of this series. The next one Watercolor comes out in October 2013.
~StacyHgg