StacyHgg

Age Group: Adult
Release Date: TBR on July 12th 2013
Print Length: Full-Length Novel
Format: Kindle eARC
Source: received from Author for honest review
Review Date: July 10th 2013
Cover Rating: 4 Stars
Overall Rating: 4 Stars
Steam Rating: Scorcher

A letter from the Author
Dear Readers,
You will have questions all throughout this novel; those questions will be answered as you continue to read Seize Me. I would also like to warn you that I did not hold back on any details with certain aspects of writing this novel and some areas might be difficult for you to read. I wanted to make my fictitious world gritty, raw and full of angst. Nothing is held back. So here is my warning before you enter the world of ‘Breakneck’. If you can’t stand reading about drugs, violence, sex, murder and vengeance, then this isn’t a world for you. It also contains explicit language and some rape scenes. Although I thank you for purchasing my novel, I feel it is my duty to warn you ahead of time.
Sincerely, Crystal

Review:
I am a huge fan of MC books, and anyone who knows about me (and my reading) knows this. I love reading and reviewing them. So when I heard about this book I asked the author if I could review it for the blog. I am so glad I did. It was not exactly what I was expecting, it was unique, and I was also pleased with that.

The heroine is not your average one. Winter Belov is messed up in the head from things her father has done to her in the past, and it only gets worse as the novel unfolds. She is so far from the average innocent victim; and she becomes as ruthless as the bikers she is around. It is tragic, but I couldn't help but cheer for her when she exacted her revenge on those that hurt her. I wouldn't want to be on her bad side.

Braxxon is a hottie MC club president, who you can’t help but sigh over. He is, of course, all alpha male with a big heart when it comes to Winter. But things will not come easy for them—and that is an understatement. They go through things that your average couple wouldn't and couldn't endure. I will say that it took awhile for me to like him because he was using drugs and women, but if you read MC books than you will know that this is kinda the norm for them…

Which brings me to why I posted the Author’s note above. I do not believe this book is for everyone, and I believe you should heed the warning. I does have many dark scenes, and the main characters use drugs. If this would bother you, this book is not for you. However, Braxxon and Winter had messed up backgrounds, and drug use seems like the least of their problems…

There were a few things I didn't like. First, Winter and Braxxon’s “relationship” felt rushed. Like really rushed. Their first encounter was hot, but I was like, already?? They barely know each other… Second, there was frequent mention of gummy bears which I really didn't care for. And lastly, there were a couple scenes where Braxxon slaps a woman. I have to put that out there, because as much as I did come to like Braxxon, I could never really love him, and I think this was why.

Overall, I recommend this book for lovers of dark and/or MC reads—because it is not a light read. It only took one night to read, and I’m not a fast reader, so it’s also a fairly short read for a full-length novel. I had the eARC which didn't have page numbers, so I’m not sure exactly how long it is. I look forward to reading the second book in the series Withstanding Me which is ZZ’s story.
~StacyHgg