StacyHgg

Rachael Wade
Deliver
Pam Godwin

The Light in the Wound

The Light in the Wound - Christine Brae,  Lori Sabin The Light in the Wound by Christine Brae
Series: Stand Alone
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: Adult
Release Date: TBR July 23rd 2013
Print Length: Full-Length Novel
Format: Kindle eARC
Source: received from Author for honest review
Review Date: July 17th 2013
Cover Rating: 3.5 Stars
Steam Rating: Hot
Overall Rating: 5 Stars

**Will post review on blog closer to release date for blog tour
Review:
This book had me hooked immediately! The prologue rocked—it made you like WTF?!?! The Light in the Wound (TLITW) is a MUST READ! It is the kind of book that gives you and emotional kick in the ass, and leaves you with a hangover…

TLITW is a story about a love triangle. I will warn you that if cheating is a deal breaker for you, you may not like this book. However, it is not set up to be tasteless. It is the story of a first love, a messed up, passionate, all consuming first love. And the possibility of a second love, one that can last a lifetime.

It was so emotional and heartbreaking at times that I struggled to breath. I was so sure I knew what I wanted Isabel to do but it broke my heart anyway. I couldn’t even imagine being in her position. I am not kidding when I tell you I FELT this book deep in my bones.

Jesse is Isabel’s first love. He is handsome, charming, athletic, smart, and popular. But he is also controlling, manipulative, and jealous. I know a lot of people won’t like him, but I do want to say that he is young and naïve. He loves Isabel, but he is insecure and threatened by her background. I am not making excuses—just stating where he is coming from.

The story is told from Isabel’s perspective, and much of it is about her family when she was growing up. She did have a difficult childhood, and I understood her need to be loved. She wanted to feel loved, and to love, so much more than she wanted to retain her identity. It was sad, and unfortunate. But I understood her.

I will not go further into the storyline for fear it will spoil it for you. I went in blind and I am happy I did. This is a debut novel, but you would never know that Christine Brae has not been writing books forever. Her writing flowed easily, was beautiful, intense, and powerful. I will definitely read anything she writes in the future.
“I’m going to spend every night of my life kissing away your memories of him. I’m going to find places he never touched, places he never kissed and our first times will be a thousand times sweeter than your first times with him. Isabel, you are the love of my life.”

I really cannot stress enough how much I LOVED this book. I highly recommend it—A MUST READ!!!
~StacyHgg