StacyHgg

Preservation
Rachael Wade
Deliver
Pam Godwin

The Marriage Merger (Marriage to a Billionaire, #4)

The Marriage Merger (Marriage to a Billionaire, #4) - Jennifer Probst The Marriage Merger by Jennifer Probst
Series: Marriage to a Billionaire #4
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: Adult
Release Date: July 30th 2013
Print Length: 401 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: from Publisher for honest review
Gallery Books

Review Date: August 6th 2013
Cover Rating: 4 Stars
Steam Rating: Scorcher
Overall Rating: 4 Stars

Review:

This is the second book by Jennifer Probst I have read, and it will not be the last. She is a very talented romance writer. I gave both the first and the fourth books in this series four solid stars.

This installment can be read as a standalone, basically that is how I read it—because it has been over a year since I read the first one, and barely remembered any of it, that is until this one jogged my memory.

This is the story of Julietta and Sawyer. Julietta is the last of the Conte sisters single. She believes she will be like this forever, and that she is damaged. She is unable to respond to physical intimacy with a man, she basically tunes out. At first I thought this was because she went through some sort of sexual abuse in the past, but that is not the case. Actually we never really find out exactly why she has been so frigid for so many years, unable to even orgasm. But my best guess is just lack of proper lovers??

That is until she meets Sawyer Wells, a super hot billionaire with a lust for dominant sex, and Julietta. They are considering going into business with one another, and Sawyer propositions Julietta with an offer she can’t refuse in exchange for one night with him. But the catch is he has to make her orgasm, twice ;-)

“Don’t say things like that.” Her voice came out hoarse and ragged.
“Why?” he mummured, coaxing her nipple tighter. He watched every motion until she felt naked and vulnerable. “Because it’s not proper? You’ve done proper already, and it hasn’t worked. It’s time you do dirty.”

Yes Sawyer loves to talk dirty, and he does it soooo good. This book was so steamy for a while I thought it may be a touch erotica. But it did not stay that way, the storyline took off, and the sex scenes spread apart. But were still very hot ;-) with just a touch of BDSM.

… “I can’t be what you want.” She whispered.
His eyes blazed fire. Oddly his face seemed to soften with a possessiveness she’d never glimpsed before. “You don’t have to be anything, baby. You have no choices left—I’ve taken them all away. I’m about to play with your delectable body, and there’s not a damn thing you can do.”

*sigh* I want me some Sawyer Wells!!!

There is also some serious subject matter, dealing with Sawyer and his childhood—which was full of abuse. As he overcomes his past, his and Julietta’s relationship grows stronger.

So this couple goes through many challenges, but the matriarch of the family Momma Conte always saves the day. I think she plays a part in quite a few of the books of this series, helping her family find true love. She was great ♥

Overall, I highly recommend this book to all lovers of contemporary romance with a little kink ;-)
~StacyHgg