StacyHgg

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: New Adult
Release Date: October 3rd 2013
Format: Kindle eARC
Source: received from Author for honest review
Review Date: September 17th 2013
Cover Rating: 5 STARS
Steam Rating: Scorcher
Overall Rating: 4 STARS

Review:

I first saw this book on a Facebook post with the cover and blurb, and I was immediately intrigued. I mean look at that cover! It's freakin' HOT!

I am also a huge fan of alpha male fighter heroes so I lied, cheated, and stole to get this book early (not really I signed up for the blog tour). I just knew I HAD to have it!

Worth the Fight is the first book I have read by Vi Keeland. Did I LOVE it, no. But I liked it a lot. Nico and Elle's story was intense, passionate, enduring, and above all SMOKIN HOT! I mean like squirming in my seat smexyness ;)
I give it 5 stars for character chemistry and steam.

With one strong arm, Nico lifts my ass and his other hand unzips his pants, freeing himself. “I’ve wanted to come inside of you so badly it hurts. Feel that clenching little pussy slide up and down my bare cock. I need in. Now.”
EeeeeeK! *SWOON*

However, there were a few flaws. Nico and Elle both have troubled pasts. Elle more so. Her childhood was tragic, and it was alluded to often but not revealed until late in the book. I wanted so badly to FEEL their pain but I just couldn't fully connect to it. I mean I understood it but didn't FEEL it, you know?

But like I said earlier, their chemistry was off the charts, and I did FEEL their connection--And ultimately their incredibly strong love for one another.

You’re it for me, Babe. I didn’t even know I was missing something until I found you, but now I don’t know how I got through a day without what you’ve given me. You’re my soul mate.

Although the MCs are slightly older (late 20s I think) it still had a New Adult"ish" feel to it. And I am an NA FanGirl so this worked for me.

“The Nico I know is a fighter. Isn’t she worth the fight?”

One of my favorite parts of the story was Nico's interactions with Vinny, a kid with a troubled home life Nico took under his wing. I immediately connected with Vinny, even though there was not too much time spent on him I just knew the next story would focus on him. I could feel that Mrs. Keeland has a soft spot for Vinny, and she will probably pour her heart into his story Worth the Chance. So I will be anxiously awaiting its release in 2014!
~StacyHgg