StacyHgg

Review Date: September 9th 2013
Steam Rating: Hot
Overall Rating: 4.5-5 STARS

Review:

Wow! If you like taboo subjects in your book like I do ;) than you will love A Little Too Far by Lisa Desrochers. It is basically full of socially unacceptable behavior—and I LOVED every second of it!!!

Lexie our heroine falls for her step-brother and an almost priest—and so will you. I know it is shocking but the way it was portrayed it really isn’t that bad, I have read worse—like Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma (which I LOVED), but it is a radical concept. Her step-brother is not of her own blood so that’s a plus, and the “priest” is not quite a priest, yet. So I didn’t feel that guilty ;)

In the beginning of the story Lexie has just gone through a terrible breakup in which her boyfriend of 3½ years has cheated on her. She feels betrayed, and she is vulnerable. Her best friend and confident is her step-brother, Trent. After confiding in him how hurt she is by her boyfriend, they have sex—mind blowing sex. Soon thereafter she leaves to study abroad in Rome. She feels tremendous guilt over what happened with her step-brother, not only because she had sex with him, but because she wants to again.

Lexie is Catholic. So to ease her guilt she goes to confess her sins when she arrives in Rome. Her repentance comes in the form of some volunteer work she has to do with Alessandro Moreti. A VERY hot almost priest.

Alessandro has a past, and demons that haunt him. He is an amazing hero, sweet, smart, and he is there for Lexie when she needs a friend. But as I turned the pages I could tell they were falling for one another.

This is one of those almost love-triangles where you love both the heroes. I really fell for Alessandro because the majority of the novel takes place in Rome. If I had one criticism it would be that I never really got to know Trent, and he is a huge part of the story from start to finish. But I did love the parts he was in.

I was on the edge of my seat for the entire second half of the story wondering who she would choose. I really had no idea, and they both came with obvious downfalls. I didn’t want either hero to get his heart broken, but one had too. She does choose, and I think she made the right choice but it was bittersweet.

The next book A Little Too Much is expected to be released in November and is about one of the characters in this book, but it may be a spoiler if I tell you who. So I won’t ;)

I highly recommend this unique story to anyone who can handle a bit of wickedness in their books!!! It was amazing, and I can’t wait to get my hands on the next one!
~StacyHgg