StacyHgg

Rachael Wade
Deliver
Pam Godwin

Let Love Stay (Love, #2)

Let Love Stay (Love, #2) - Melissa  Collins Let Love In & Let Love Stay by Melissa Collins
Series: The Love Series #1-2
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: New Adult
Format: Kindle DRC
Source: received from Author for honest review
Review Date: September 26th 2013
Steam Rating: Hot
Overall Rating: 4 STARS

SPOILER-FREE Review:

The first two books in the love series are Maddy and Reid’s story. It is a sweet romance with some sensitive subject matter (but not too much so). I usually read really intense books so this was a little on the light-hearted side for me, however I don’t think it necessarily a “light-hearted read.”

What do I mean by that? Well Maddy and Reid both have tragic pasts, and they are haunted terribly by them. Hence, the seriousness of it. But their romance was sweet and light-hearted, especially in the second book, Let Love Stay.

Maddy is starting college and she goes to a party where she meets Reid. They are immediately attracted to one another. But like I said earlier Reid has demons, and he doesn't want to let anyone in. Because of this he becomes a total asshat, and at first I didn't think i’d be able to like him.

But he grew on me until I absolutely loved him ♥ He is HAWT, sexy, sweet, smart, and compassionate with a bad boy reformed vibe going on ;) That is after he and Maddy get together.

But this couple does not have an easy road to happiness. Much of both books they are working to overcome their pasts, and it sometimes gets in the way of their relationship. At times I really got frustrated with them both. And at the end of the first book I wanted to reach into my Kindle and throttle Maddy--big time…

But she redeemed herself in the second book, and her and Reid grew as young adults trying to navigate adult life for the first time. I thought the way they loved each other was powerful and intense. But at times it was tad bit too sappy for me… They were just too nice to each other. I know that’s horrible to say but I have a love of a hero that has a little more anti-hero in them ;)

The writing was fantastic, and flowed easily. And I am a huge fan of dual POV books, which these were. It gave the MC’s more depth and I could understand where they were coming from better.

Overall, I liked but not loved their story. I recommend it if you are looking for a lighter romance, that’s not too light. The next book Let Love Heal (book 3) is about Maddy’s best friend Melanie so no waiting to see what happens with these two--but book one does leave off an a cliffhanger, so you may want to purchase book one and two together.
~StacyHgg