The King
Preservation
Rachael Wade
Deliver
Pam Godwin

Pearl (Alexandre Chevalier's Story, #1)

Pearl (Alexandre Chevalier's Story, #1) - Arianne Richmonde Pearl by Arianne Richmonde
Series: Companion to The Pearl Trilogy
Genre: Romance > Erotica
Age Group: Adult
Release Date: September 1st 2013
Print Length: 205 pages
Format: Kindle eARC
Source: received from Author for honest review
Review Date: September 7th 2013
Steam Rating: Nuclear
Overall Rating: 4 Stars

Review:

In Pearl we get into the beautiful and complex mind of Alexandre. If you have read The Pearl Trilogy than you already know and love this sexy young French billionaire. He had me under his spell early on in Shades of Pearl (book 1 of The Pearl Trilogy) and I couldn’t wait to get his POV.

First I would like to mention that although it is not necessary to read The Pearl Trilogy first, I highly recommend it. I cannot say how the character development would feel if I just read Pearl because I had already read the other side of the story—and could not unknow the characters to tell you. But Mrs. Richmonde’s writing is expressive and highly detailed so I’m sure it could be enjoyed as a standalone.

Alexandre *sigh* is so unbelievably dream worthy. And, he is a veritable god in bed. Considering this is an Erotica novel, we get to know him very intimately. *swoon*

I put my hand on her bare thigh and let it rest there, tapping my finger very lightly to the beat of the music. She whimpered. Very, very quietly. Almost imperceptibly but I caught it. I had her. But I still wouldn’t fuck her that night. No, I’d make her wait.

I loved being in his head. I was privy to all his insecurities—for which I didn’t even know he had any, and his overwhelming passion and love for Pearl. He was such a tortured soul, but a beautiful and pure one too. He was loyal and honest to a fault, getting taken advantage of by the many women in his life for this reason. And that is a perspective we don’t get to see in The Pearl Trilogy—his other women. No he is not a cheater, but he has slept with so many women that the ones from his past are creeping up after he falls for Pearl.

You see, women like the fantasy of being fucked. Rough. Hard. With no mercy. They even like to imagine being tied up, whipped and chastised. But in reality, they’re just looking for one true thing.
And that one true thing’s called love.
It’s easy for a guy to fuck. Easy to play the rough and tough bastard that women often fall for. What’s hard is to not be a bastard. Not to be a jerk.

Then there was Laura :( I knew from The Pearl Trilogy what a horrendous person Laura was, but wow—we really get a closer look at her in this book. And if possible she is worse than I already thought.

I am NOT a fan of cliffhangers. And Pearl has a doozy—I mean one of the worst I have ever come across. We are in the middle of an “edge of my seat” scene and BAM—to be continued. I was like NOOOOOO!!! And you would think I already know what happens but I don’t. This was not mentioned in the previous books, and it’s killing me not knowing!!!!

The second half of the story will be releasing next month so at least I don’t have to wait long to find out what happened.
Books Unhinged Book Blog