StacyHgg

Preservation
Rachael Wade
Deliver
Pam Godwin

Fighting to Forgive (Fighting, #2)

Fighting to Forgive (Fighting, #2) - J.B. Salsbury Fighting To Forgive by J.B. Salsbury
Series: Fighting #2
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: New Adult
Release Date: November 19th 2013
Print Length: 442 pages
Steam Rating: Scorcher
Overall Rating: 4.5 STARS

Review:

I absolutely adored Fighting For Flight so I could not wait to get my hands on Blake's story. He was charming, funny, and heroic in the last book. I knew I would love his story, and I did. It was definitely not what I expected → but it was excellent!

For starters, I thought this was going to be a LOL funny book and it wasn't for the most part. It dealt with very serious subject matter, including physical, emotional, and sexual abuse. It was dealt with respectfully and tactful, and I could tell the author did her homework. It was never offensive in any way, and I cannot see it being taking so by anyone who has personally dealt with these issues.

And Blake, oh boy... He seems so strong, physically and mentally. I mean he was heroic in the last novel. But inside he is emotionally broken. His childhood and adolescence was brutal and he is scared to let anyone in so he remains closed off for the most part. That is until he meets Layla. No matter how hard he tries he cannot fight his attraction to her, even though she represents everything he usually stays away from.

She's been hurt by someone--my guess is badly. And the last thing I need is to be picking up the pieces of some other guys mess.

But he did. I loved how he handled her. He was so strong and yet so gentle. He wanted to be everything for her, give her all that she has been missing. And I knew he'd fallen for her when he realized:

I'd pick her company over any of my bros. ;-)

Yep he fell hard. But things were not easy for them. They both had to battle their pasts as it came back to haunt them.

I love dual POVs. And like the first book, this one was written flawlessly and flowed easily from each character's POV. I was hooked from the devastating prologue through the fabulous epilogue.

If I had to critique it (which is very hard because I absolutely loved it), I would say that the way everything was wrapped up left me with a few questions. I think some of them may/could be answered in the next novel Fighting To Forget → Rax's story. I CANNOT WAIT for his story. I know it's going to be crazy, And I love me some crazy ass men with issues, you know so I can save them and shit ;-)

Blake and Layla's story touched me deeply and I highly recommend it to all fans of New Adult Romance with lots of alpha male hotness and angst. It can be read as a standalone, but there is no reason to skip the first one--it was phenomenal! And we do get to see some great scenes with Jonah and Raven. One even had me tearing up ;-)

~StacyHgg~
Books Unhinged Book Blog

Format: Kindle eARC
Source: via Author for honest review
Review Date: November 19th 2013