StacyHgg

Format: Printed copy
Review Date: April 11, 2013
Overall Rating: 5+ stars
Steam Rating: 3.5 stars

A MUST read for all fans of Beautiful Disaster! LOVED it!!!

Review:
I am writing this review with a severe book hangover because Travis and Abby’s story is over, and I’m extremely sad. In Beautiful Disaster (BD) I fell in love with their story, and in Walking Disaster (WD) I remembered why. It’s one of most powerful love stories I have ever read. The first time I read BD I was overwhelmed with just how much I was drawn into the story. It was instantly my favorite book ever—I had never read anything like it before and I remember thinking that I needed to get my hands on more books like it.

WD is written from Travis’s POV. Not only do we get to see why he is so volatile, and violent; but we also get to understand the overwhelming intensity of the emotions he has for Abby. She is like his drug, he is extremely obsessed with her, but he also loves her. So he always wants what’s best for her, and at times he feels that doesn’t include him. That is why I love their relationship so much. They are toxic to the extreme, but so in love it physically hurts. I know because I felt the pain viscerally while reading.

“Maybe it was just me. Maybe it was just me and her. Maybe together we were this volatile entity that would either implode or meld together. Either way, it seemed the moment I meet her, my life had been turned upside down. And I didn’t want it any other way.” Travis (Pg.252)

There were a few other things I really enjoyed from Travis’s POV—like getting to know his family, and his relationship with Shepley his cousin. I loved the scenes with his father the most. It was obvious how much they loved each other. In fact I thought despite growing up without a mother, the five boys turned out pretty well in his father’s care. They all loved each other unconditionally, and were extremely supportive.

And then there is the epilogue. Mrs. Mcguire outdid herself here. I had read in some previous reviews that it was good but that does not begin to cover it. It was perfect. It was beyond any expectations I may have had and more. I wish I could get into some of the details, but I would never want to spoil it for anyone. You will just have to experience it for yourself.

In parting, and with a heavy heart, I would like say thank you to Jamie for creating these wonderful books, and amazing characters. I will surely never forget them.

~StacyHgg