StacyHgg

Age Group: New Adult
Release Date: December 14th 2012
Print Length: 320 pages
Format: Paperback
Source: via Publisher for honest review
Review Date: July 16th 2013
Cover Rating: 5 Stars
Steam Rating: Mild
Overall Rating: 3.5 Stars

Review:
Let me start off by saying this is the first book I have read by Emily Snow and it won’t be my last (I am reading/reviewing Devoured next). It is almost lighthearted, or at least the romance was. There were some heavy subjects mixed in, which were handled perfectly. I must say that many writers do not get addiction right when writing about it, but Mrs. Snow nailed it. She obviously did her homework, and I commend her for it.

Willow is a 19 turning 20 year old actress with a history of drug abuse (Lidsay Lohan “ish”). The day she gets out of rehab her agent propositions her to do a movie. She wants to refuse but her money situation, and her parents, won’t let her.

The movie is to be set in Hawaii and she needs to learn how to surf for the part. Cooper Taylor has been surfing since he was six, and is a professional surfer who owns his own surfing academy. He is charming, sexy, blond and blue eyed, with Australian accent, in other words perfect ;-)
He takes on the role of Willow’s surfing coach, and they have an immediate attraction to one another. But this is where I was a little confused—I just didn’t feel it coming on—it was just like BAM in your face. No buildup. I wasn’t ready for it, and quite frankly I was even surprised by it. It was insta-love.

As for their relationship, it was cute, but I never really attached to either one of them. They didn’t have any big hurdles to overcome as a couple, it just fell flat. The hurdles were all Willows to jump, and they were concerning her addiction and her past. I thought the Author did a wonderful job of showing how Willow grows from a teenager into an adult. Which is what NA books are all about—the transition into adulthood.

The steam level was low, and fade to black, but some of the language was very suggestive—so it is not quite appropriate for a YA audience. Cooper was very forward, and verbal about how he felt about Willow…
"I want to be inside of you, Willow. I want to watch your face when I'm inside you, when you sigh, when you come for me…” ~Cooper
So you see—Cooper could be a bad boy ;-)

Overall, I liked Tidal, but never really felt connected to the characters. I recommend it if you are in the mood for something with little steam, and not a lot of angst. It’s the perfect beach read.
~StacyHgg