StacyHgg

Preservation
Rachael Wade
Deliver
Pam Godwin

Forever My Girl (The Beaumont Series) (Volume 1)

Forever My Girl - Heidi  McLaughlin Forever My Girl by Heidi McLaughlin
Series: Beaumont #1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: New Adult/Adult
Release Date: December 26, 2012
Print Length: 224 pages ~ (Read via Kindle)
ISBN-10: 0988695103
ISBN-13: 978-0988695108
Overall Rating: 4 stars
Steam Rating: 3.5 stars

A Must Read!!! Heartbreakingly Emotional Second Chance Love Story… ♥

Let me start by saying this book has been in my Kindle and on my TBR list for awhile now. I don’t know why I haven’t read it before now, but I’m really glad I didn't put it off any longer. I believe this is Mrs. McLaughlin debut novel, and she was terrific. Her writing style was beautiful and flowed effortlessly. I could not put this book down!

The story starts ten years after the main characters Josephine (Josie) and Liam broke up. Liam up and left Jose their freshman year of college without any real explanation. She was devastated. He moved to Los Angeles to start a music career on a whim immediately after dropping out of college and leaving the probable career as a quarterback in the NFL. After leaving, he became a famous rock star and didn’t look back. He hasn’t spoken to anyone from his hometown in ten years. But now he has to go back. His best friend from childhood passed away leaving a wife and two young children and he has to go to the funeral.

Liam has not loved any woman since Josie or “JoJo” as he calls her. He has regretted breaking her heart everyday for the last ten years. Josie, on the other hand, is in a relationship with another man whom she cares for deeply. But she has never stopped loving the boy her broke her heart. When they meet for the first time you just feel the chemistry between these two sizzling the pages. There is not much sex in this book, but there is a tremendous amount of sexual tension. I really felt like they were “soul mates.”

The main characters and a few of the supporting characters were extremely likable. The next book is about two of the supporting characters, which I will definitely read.

If I could change anything about this novel it would be to extend it. The ending felt slightly rushed. In addition, some of the characters in the story just kind of fell off the pages and I wanted more of an explanation. Liam’s father and Sam were such horrible people and I wanted them to pay for being this way, but I was left wanting. The other character I wanted closure with I will not mention because it would be a spoiler. However, I’m not sure if the author plans on closure in the future novels in this series. That may be the case even if Liam and Josie are not the main characters. But I will repeat that I still believe this is a must read for contemporary romance fans, and I Highly Recommend you read it!!!

~StacyHgg

Update: I posted this review on twitter and the author replied stating that two of the three characters I would like closure for will be in future books. One is a novella and is being released today 3/17/2013.