StacyHgg

Review Date: May 14th 2013
Cover Rating: 5 stars
Overall Rating: 4.5 Stars
Sensuality Rating: Hot
half stars photo: Four and a half four-and-a-half.gif
Review:
It has been awhile since I have read a historical romance, and even longer for a Highland Guard novel. So I didn't know how I would feel about The Hunter. Well I feel as though I have been missing out! It was amazing! This series is absolutely my favorite highland/Scottish series – and The Hunter is a wonderful addition! I had forgotten that Mrs. McCarty does her homework! She knows this time period in and out and it shows in her writing. She is absolutely brilliant!

Ewen “The Hunter” Lamont is the tracker in the legendary Highland Guard. His father was an impulsive, reckless, drunkard who died when Ewen was on the cusp of becoming a man. He vows to never be like him, and that includes putting duty and honor above all else, including love. Lady Janet of Mar (aka Sister Genna) is a courier for “Robert the Bruce” during his crusade to free Scotland from English tyranny. When Ewen and “Sister Genna” meet there is an instant attraction, but Ewen fights it because he believes her to be a nun. Although she appears, speaks, and acts far from the average nun. She’s feisty, strong-willed, courageous, smart, and quick-witted. She often puts Ewan in his place. Ewan is all hard warrior, and has zero social skills. This includes the ability to charm women, for which he sees no need. But he is beautiful, strong, courageous, and honorable—and Janet falls for him, hard.
There are many obstacles in their path to a HEA. Ewan believes a woman’s place is to be at home raising children, and Janet is way too free-spirited to be tied-down. They fight like crazy. And there is also the fact that Janet has been promised to another by King Robert the Bruce.

Ewen has to choose between Janet and his beliefs, including his duty to his King and Clan. What will he choose?

I must mention that Ewan and Janet’s chemistry is off the charts steamy! I loved how the tough, hard, warrior and the strong-willed Lady came together—they are a powerfully passionate duo. And you will love every minute of it!

I highly recommend this series to all lovers of romance. Even if you are not a lover of historical romance I would give this series a try…
BTW—I would start this series at the beginning. You can read this as a standalone but there are frequent mentions of characters and incidents from previous books that will be over your head if you do.

~StacyHgg ( ˘ ³˘)♥