StacyHgg

Series: Stand Alone Novel
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: New Adult
Release Date: November 18, 2011
Print Length: 384 pages print ~ (read via Kindle)
ISBN: 1936305941
Overall Rating: 5 stars
Steam Rating: 3.5 stars

Wow. Just Wow. Unique. Powerful. Beautiful. Heartbreakingly Emotional. I LOVED every minute of it!!!

I don't even know where to start with Poughkeepsie. When I read the synopsis and noticed the hero was a homeless man, I just knew I had to read it. With most heroes being millionaires, or at least extremely wealthy, this was different to say the least. Mrs. Anastasia definitely took a risk with this, but it paid off. Big time.

Livia is a graduate student majoring in psychology. Blake is a homeless man who hangs out at Poughkeepsie's train station. This is the train station that takes Livia to her internship each morning. He watches her from afar; but little does he know she is watching him too. One morning she stands up for him against some bully kids. They get to talking, and their talks become a daily routine.

Livia has a boyfriend who is ready to propose to her, but she has been avoiding him. She hasn't felt as she once did for him (Chris) in awhile and isn't sure how to break it off. Chris is a scumbag. Really he is. I know this because some of the story is told in his POV. The author tells the story from many different angles and POV. Risky yes. Sometimes when a story is told from multiple POV the story becomes confusing, not Poughkeepsie. Mrs. Anastasia nailed it! I felt like I knew so many different characters intimately. I was never confused, the story flowed smoothly, and I was consistently on the edge of my seat. This, in my opinion, takes true talent to pull off.

I am not going to get into all the other characters, but I would like to shortly mention Blake's foster brothers Cole and Beckett. Your heart will break for these men and all they have been through. I absolutely loved them.

I know I will never forget this book no matter how many books I read. It is the kind of book that makes you want to be a better person. It shows the true beauty of love in its purest form, stripped bare from any materialism from the beginning. This is one of the very few books that I wouldn't change a thing even if I could. There is a great deal of adult content including a lot of violence and cursing; but, it fit the characters and who they are perfectly. If this sort of thing bothers you, you may want to think about passing on this one. Although I hope you don't, because this story is so beautiful.

~StacyHgg