StacyHgg

Cover Rating: 4 Stars
Steam Rating: Scorcher
Overall Rating: 5 Stars

Review:
“…strength is learning to live despite the pain.”

I love reading. And it's books like this that remind me why I do. I don’t know why it took me so long to read this book, I bought it months ago, and I knew I’d love it. And I did. I LOVED it.

I may be a masochist, because I love books that crush me. And this book crushed me. But just like Nell, I was put back together again, eventually. But never fully, because this book rolls like that. It gives you a heartbreak like no other (well maybe Taking Chances can give it a run for its money), and it fixes you slowly, but never completely.

Nell and Kyle are the most adorably cute couple. They have known each other practically since birth. They are best friends. And when Nell turns 16 they become a couple. It’s the natural progression of their relationship. It’s heartwarming, endearing, and I loved them as a couple. I knew there would be no HEA for them, but I wanted to be wrong, so bad. I loved them together.
“…And now we’re learning how to fall in love together. I don’t care what anyone else says. I love you. I’ll always love you, no matter what happens with us in the future. I love you now and forever.” ~Kyle

Kyle was sweet, charming, innocent, and romantic. He loved Nell to pieces. And she loved him back. His death was tragic. I was heartbroken. A sobbing mess. Even though I knew it was coming, it didn’t soften the blow.

I was glad the reviews I had read for this book were vague. And this one will be too. I loved that there was so much complexity that I had no idea was there. It made it more powerful, and intense.

Needless to say Nell was utterly devastated by Kyle’s death. She cannot let go, for fear she will drown in her grief. So she holds it in.
“…There’s a darkness in this girl now. I almost don’t want to get involved. She’ll hurt me. I know this. I can see it, feel it coming. She’s got so much pain, so many cracks and shards and jags in her soul, and I’m going to get cut by her if I’m not careful.
I can’t fix her. I know this, too. I’m not going to try.” ~Colton

Although Nell and Kyle’s brother Colton make a connection immediately after Kyle’s death, they ignore it and try to move on with their lives. Some time passes and they bump into each other. They feel drawn to each other, but also feel tremendous guilt because of these feelings.
“He’s my dead boyfriend’s brother. It’s just…wrong.”

But their chemistry is off the charts, and they are unable to resist each other for long. I loved Colten. He was so much more than I expected. He had been through so much, but was so strong in spite of it. He was intense, passionate, sexy, sweet, talented, and I could go on and on…
“I’m a lot of things, Tinkerbell. Sweet ain’t one of them.” ~Colton

But yes Colton, you are sweet! And he becomes Nell’s rock, he teaches her how to be okay despite the pain.
“You don’t have to be okay.”
“What do you want from me?”
Her voice is ragged, desperate.
“I want you to let yourself be broken. Let yourself hurt.”

And I must mention the hot sex! And yes—It. Is. Hot!!! Colden is all alpha in the sack, and his fingers are talented with more than just the guitar ;-) He’s a naughty boy!
“Now, spread your legs and feel free to scream. No one can hear.” ~Colton

So this novel has it all, first love, tragedy, second chances, healing, great sex—and I loved every minute of it. There was not a dull moment from beginning to end.
“I realize I’ll always miss Kyle, and a part of me will always feel guilty for being alive when he isn’t, and that’s something I’ll just have to live with.” ~Nell

I highly recommend this novel! It is A MUST READ!! If it is sitting in your TBR pile, don’t let it sit there a minute longer. It deserves to be read, now! It is amazing!
~StacyHgg