StacyHgg

ISBN-10: 098402087X
ISBN-13: 978-0984020874
Overall Rating: 4.5 stars
Steam Rating: 4.5 stars

A Must Read—full of emotion—pulled on my heartstrings!!

This is the first book by Rachael Wade I have read, but it certainly won’t be the last. *Therefore, I am proof that you do not have to read Preservation to enjoy this book; but, I will probably read it now anyway. Mrs. Wade’s writing style is so smooth and effortless. From the beginning I was no longer reading words, but living in the book, and feeling every emotion the characters did. I love when that happens :-)

Emma is a college sophomore dealing with the tragic death of her sister, and a really bad breakup. Jackson is the town bad boy, womanizer—who helped Emma when she needed him after her sister died. There is much more to Jackson than just his superficial persona, and we find out exactly why he behaves like he does. I fell in love with him as Emma did, and I was so proud of her for being so very strong at certain points throughout the story. She was never Jackson’s doormat, and he wouldn’t have wanted her if she was. The chemistry between them was incredible, and the sex scenes were HOT!!! Again, the sex scenes were HOT, and graphic—so if that’s not your thing than definitely pass on this one.

My favorite quote from the book was from a part when they were in the ocean staring at each other, blissfully happy to be together, and Jackson says to Emma “you own me.” That’s it, just three little words, but in context they were a monumental confession of just how much he loved her. But do they get their HEA? I don’t like to spoil things, but I will say that they are able to overcome many, many, obstacles throughout the course of this book.

The secondary characters were good, and they wove nicely throughout the story. I’m sure we will be seeing more of them in future books. If I had to change anything about this book (a question I always ask myself) it would be to extend the ending a bit. I really wanted to see them at their friends wedding. However, that may be in a future book?? That being said, it did not take away from the book at all. I really did enjoy it tremendously!

~StacyHgg

Warning—if you do not enjoy the alpha male playboy type as your hero than pass on this book. I only say this because I see some negative reviews (via Amazon) based on the hero’s character—he is meant to be that way; readers like me enjoy these types of characters. I understand not everyone does that’s why I wanted to let you know what you’re getting into.

Update 3/22/2013 ~ I was told by the author that the wedding scene I spoke of above is in her book Reservation (Preservation #2).