The King
Rachael Wade
Deliver
Pam Godwin

My Life Next Door

My Life Next Door - Huntley Fitzpatrick My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Series: Stand Alone Novel
Source: Local Library
Review Date: April 25, 2013
Overall Rating: 4 Stars

Mini-Review

I really liked this one! It is a great coming of age story with a sweet romance at its core. Like many YA novels there is moral to the story. Basically, to do the right thing no matter how hard it may be.

Samantha is a 17 year old “rich girl” whose mother happens to be the state senator. Jase is her “not rich” next door neighbor. He is 17, and the third of eight Garret children living next door. She has watched them from afar for years with envy, but has never met them. Jase has noticed. They finally meet and fall in love, but there are many obstacles in their way. And, one tragedy that will make Samantha have to choose between her family and Jase’s.

I definitely recommend this book to lovers of YA. It was unique and funny at times; but was also emotional, with parts that were tragic and full of secrets and lies. It has political undertones, with Samantha’s mother being a senator, but it does not take away from the story (if you don’t like that sort of thing).

Happy Reading!