StacyHgg

Preservation
Rachael Wade
Deliver
Pam Godwin

Rush (The Breathless Trilogy)

Rush - Maya Banks Rush by Maya Banks
Overall Rating: 4 Stars
Sensuality Rating: Scorcher

★★★★

Review:
I will start by saying I had expectations for this book, and that I was slightly let down. It isn't that the book was not good, because it was. And I definitely recommend that you read it if you’re a fan of 50 Shades and the Crossfire series. It has similar storyline with the wealthy, hot, kinky, brooding, overbearing hero with issues - and the young, inexperienced, and sweet heroine. But the difference between this and the other series is the storyline was missing something. I’m sorry but I can’t quite place what it is, it just felt a little devoid of substance. If you are looking for a HOT read, this is it! If you are looking for something deeper, than I would pass on this one til ‘the mood’ strikes.

In the beginning there was talk of a contract I was like “NOOOO, not this again!” But it ended up not being so bad. And there were other redeeming qualities. What I did like, and what made me give it 4 stars, is the mad hot sex and the smokin hot hero Gabe. Although Gabe could be an asshat sometimes, he had a conscious—and he redeemed himself in the end. Mia was a good heroine, a little weak, but at least she was believable. Like I would be strong if some smokin hot sex god gazillionare wanted to treat me like a possession—I don’t think so…. I would take a lot more crap than I’d like to admit. So yeah, in that respect she was a likable and relatable heroine.

Okay, so for the good stuff. The sex was super intense, raw, kinky (BDSM), and even passionate. Gabe and Mia had some serious chemistry; they were perfect for each other.

"That's it baby. Let go. Let me have you. I want it all, Mia. Everything you have. It's mine. Give it to me now....My name, your eyes, when you come." -pg 100

"How could a simple three-letter word (sex)....possibly describe the raw, fierce, explosive inferno that had just occurred?" -pg 101

"He put his hand on her back as they walked toward the front of the store, and it was like being scalded. Would her reaction to him ever diminish? Would there ever be a time he could touch her without eliciting a bone-deep shiver? ... They were like two magnets inexorably pulled together."
-pg 130

Jace and Ash were awesome secondary characters and will be the heroes of the next two books. I cannot wait! So yes I will be diving into Jace’s story Fever (Breathless #2) very shortly. BTW I LOVE the name Jace *sigh*

And the ending was super romantic. That’s all I will say about that…

So yes I recommend this book, but make sure you are ready for a hot, steamy, sexed up read.

~StacyHgg