StacyHgg

Rachael Wade
Deliver
Pam Godwin

Dangerous to Know & Love

Dangerous to Know & Love - Jane Harvey-Berrick Dangerous to Know & Love by Jane Harvey-Berrick
Series: Standalone
Cover Rating: 4 Stars
Steam Rating: Scorcher
Overall Rating: 5 Stars

Review:

I freakin LOVED this book! It was a great example of why I love New Adult books. And I do, love NA. I need to put that out there because I there are some mixed reviews out there for this title and I noticed a common theme among them—YA/NA books in general are not favored among these reviewers. And I think many people may have loved her series The Education of Sebastian (& Caroline) wanted to try out a new title by this author. But NA is very different from Erotica, in my opinion, and Dangerous to Know & Love is all NA.

Does that mean the steam isn’t there? Hell NO! This book was so steamy it was burning up my… well you understand ;-)

“You’re so wet, baby doll,” he said softly into her shoulder. “You’re wet for me and one day I want to push my hard cock inside you and feel that sweet tightness all around me, but right now you’re going to ride my fingers.”

I’m guessing that is steamy enough for you ;-) But if you have any doubts…

“…sometimes I want to make it last—like right now. I want to touch you, I want to taste you, I want to see your face when you come, I want you screaming because you don’t want it to stop—and because you do. I want to make it good for you, baby, real good.”

OMG *blushing furiously*

So yeah, it was all NA’d up with angst, and young and naïve main characters who grow throughout the book into adults from the experiences they share. The romance was intense, passionate, steamy, at the same time being sweet.

And Daniel Colton, OMG he has been added to my BBF list with his bad boy attitude, tattoos/piercings (yes multiple including nipples *sigh*), Harley motorcycle riding, hot tempered fighter, dreamy looks (I mean sexy), smart college student, with big time issues that make me want to save him. Sound familiar? If you have read BD you may think you know what is in store—but no. Daniel’s issues are much different than our BBF Travis, and so is most of the storyline. Early on my heart just broke for Daniel, even as it was pumping out of its chest with lust for him, lol…

Our heroine is Lisanne (aka baby doll *sigh*) a college freshman who is extremely naïve and inexperienced. She is a small town girl thrust into a big college, and a complicated and very intense love affair. In my opinion she handled herself extremely well, there were red flags waving high and in her face but she ignored them and fell in love with Daniel anyway. She was brave for putting her heart and her reputation on the line, not knowing if Daniel would be able to love her back. But, although he was hot tempered, he always tried to stifle it around her and show her she was important to him. Yes there was plenty of drama in their relationship, but there was no unneeded breakups. Most of their disagreements were quickly resolved, for which I was very thankful.

I was also pleasantly surprised that the book was over 600 pages. Which means the author could have made it into two books and she didn’t—thank you Jane! There are plenty of series out there so a standalone was nice for a change. However, it felt like half the size because I was so drawn into the story I didn’t even notice the pages flying by, or the time!

I must mention the POV, which I believe is third person. Most of the books I read are first so it was different in the beginning, but then I started liking it because I knew how everyone felt. It somehow just worked.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this book to all fans of New Adult. And if you liked Beautiful Disaster and REAL this book is definitely for you!
~StacyHgg