StacyHgg

Cover Rating: 4 Stars
Steam Rating: Mild
Overall Rating: 3.5 Stars

Review:
White Trash Beautiful is such a sad story, full of tragedy and anguish. It deals with many tough subjects, including emotional and physical abuse, coupled with drug and alcohol abuse.

Cassie was abandoned by her father at the age of four, and her mother turned to drug abuse to deal with her depression concerning his leaving. They are extremely poor and live in a rundown trailer.

Jax is Cassie’s live-in boyfriend who is also addicted to drugs, and emotionally and physically abuses her. She works in a diner close to her home supporting and enabling her mother and her boyfriend. One day while at work she meets Tucker, an up and coming rock star who instantly falls for her. I’m not sure if he just wanted to save her from her boyfriend at first, but he did develop strong feeling for her rather quickly.

Cassie is the heroine that makes you want to throw your Kindle out the window. I felt so bad for her, but she was such a pushover and an enabler when it came to her drug addicted boyfriend and mother. She had such low self esteem, and she made a lot of bad decisions based on that. I just couldn’t relate to her, and the guilt she felt about betraying Jax with Tucker was just plain naïve…

It wasn’t really a love triangle story—because Cassie was no longer in love with Jax. She just felt obligated to him because he stayed with her. And she felt she couldn’t do any better. Like I said, this is a sad story…

I thought Tucker was a sweetheart, and although I didn’t feel totally connected to the characters, I wanted them to have their HEA. I really wanted to feel more than I did during this story, especially because it had many tragic scenes, but all I ended up feeling was sad for everyone.

I wouldn’t say that this story ends on a cliffhanger, but there are many issues left unresolved. I may or may not read the next book White Trash Damaged when it comes out.
I’ll decide when that time comes ;-)
~StacyHgg