StacyHgg

Preservation
Rachael Wade
Deliver
Pam Godwin

Quintessentially Q (Monsters in the Dark) (Volume 2)

Quintessentially Q - Pepper Winters Quintessentially Q by Pepper Winters
Source: via tour host
Steam Rating: Nuclear
Overall Rating: 4.5 STARS

Review:

Tears of Tess MUST be read before reading Quintessentially Q. Do Not Read this review if you have not read the first book, it WILL contain spoilers for book one!!!

I love dark books. They are a guilty pleasure that takes me out of my comfort zone. Pepper reminded me why I love them so much with Tears of Tess so I could not wait to get my hands on Quintessentially Q.

When I first met Q I was VERY unsure of him. I really didn't think I could like a real, true sadist. And that is what Q is. But he is so much more than that, and in QQ we get a much deeper look into his psyche and his motivations. He is a deeply complex man, with a dark intensity that somehow comes off as amazingly sexy. I loved him in all his brutality and f*cked-upness. By the end of QQ he will have you wanting a piece of his darkness too ;-)

I shouldn't want to beat the ever-living daylights out of her, but I did. Oh, shit how I did.

But as we find out in QQ he is so much more, and dare I say even sweet at times. But don't let that last sentence fool you, most of the time he is a beast full of RAW ANAMALISTIC NEED and is running of of PRIMAL INSTINCTS --- things happen that make Q little more than a blood thirsty animal... o.O

Tess and Q have so much more to go through on their journey to a HEA. I loved them together, the just GOT each other. Their chemistry burns the pages with its intense, dark passion. Their sex pushed so many boundaries, the were just so desperate for each other and the RAWness of their need for this "alternative" kind of mind-fuck sex was insane but oh so addicting ;-)

There were so many plot twists I didn't see coming, and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. There were some truly HORRIFYING moments. QQ was much darker than Tears of Tess so you have been warned!

Overall, I LOVED QQ and would read ANYTHING Pepper Winters writes in the future! If you read Tears of Tess YOU WILL NOT be disappointed with its follow-up!

~StacyHgg~